Additional Reading and Resources
Link to publicly available 2017 lecture on informed consent in obstetrics by Dr. Andrew Kotaska https://midwifery.ubc.ca/2017/02/10/2017-dr-andrew-kotaska/
Paper on Informed Consent and Refusal in Obstetrics https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/pushformidwives/pages/90/attachments/original/1514048685/Informed-ConsntRefusal_Kotaska_BIRTH_2017.pdf?1514048685
- Berger H, Gagnon R, Sermer M. Guideline No. 393 -Diabetes in Pregnancy. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2019;41(12):1814-1825. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jogc.2019.03.008
- Clinical Practice Obstetrics Committee. No. 214-Guidelines for the Management of Pregnancy at 41 + 0 to 42 + 0 Weeks. J Obstet Gynzecol Can. 2017;39(8):e164-e174. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jogc.2017.04.020
- Committee on Obstetric Practice. Clinical guidance for integration of the findings of the ARRIVE Trial : Labour induction versus expectant management in low-risk nulliparous women. American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists. 2018. https://www.acog.org/clinical/clinical-guidance/practice-advisory/articles/2018/08/clinical-guidance-for-integration-of-the-findings-of-the-arrive-trial. Accessed May 3, 2022.
- Diagnostic Imaging Committee. Guideline No. 388-Determination of Gesetational Age by Ultrasound. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2019;41(10):1497-1507. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jogc.2019.04.010
- Grobman WA, Rice MM, Reddy UM, Tita ATN, et al. Labor induction versus expectant management in low-risk nulliparous women. NJEM. 2018;379:513-523. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa1800566. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1800566. Accessed May 3, 2022.
- Leduc D, Biringer A, Lee L, Dy, J, Clinical Practice Obstetrics Committee. SOGC Clinical Practice Guideline : Induction of Labour. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013; 35(9): 840-857. https://www.jogc.com/article/S1701-2163(15)30842-2/pdf
- Middleton P, Shepherd E, Flanady V, McBain RD, Crowther CA. Planned early birth versus expectant management (waiting) for prelabour rupture of membranes at term (37 weeks or more). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2017, Issue 1. Art. No. :CD005302. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD005302.pub3. Accessed 02May 2022.
- Seaward GR, Hannah ME, Myhr TL, Farine D, Ohlsson A, Wang EE, Hodnett E., et al. International multicentre Term PROM study: Evaluation of predictors of neonatal infection in infants born to patients with premature rupture of membranes at term. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 1998; 179(3) : 635-639. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9378(98)70056-0.
- Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada [SOGC]. Prelabour rupture of membranes (PROM). In: Course manual: Advances in labour and risk management. 27th ed. Canada. SOGC;2020-2021.
- Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada [SOGC]. Prevention of early-onset neonatal group B streptococcal disease. In: Course manual: Advances in labour and risk management. 27th ed. Canada. SOGC;2020-2021.
- Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada [SOGC]. Induction of Labour. In: Course manual: Advances in labour and risk management. 27th ed. Canada. SOGC;2020-2021.